Commercial Finance Manager
The Important Stuff
Competitive Package, Car/Car Allowance, Healthcare and Bonus
Are you ready to work for one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK in our high profile Commercial Finance team?
Are you a qualified Accountant looking to use financial acumen in a pivotal Finance Manager role?
About this amazing opportunity...
You'll be based in our Willenhall Head Office (near Walsall, Wolverhampton and Birmingham) working as part of our Commercial Finance team. You'll be reporting directly into our knowledgeable and vastly experienced Commercial Controller for Business Development/Property team.
What you'll be doing...
At Poundland, we're still growing and work in a fast paced environment so looking for someone who'll be happy being hands on and not shy away from challenging the status quo, really we want you to do this! Your reach will extend well beyond that of a typical finance manager, engaging with the Board on a regular basis and having active involvement in the Business Planning Process.
It goes without saying that you'll have fantastic analytical and influencing skills, along with the know how to establish and develop effective relationships with Senior Managers across the company.
From time to time you'll also be involved key business projects that will revolutionise the way we operate in the future, for example helping to introduce new systems and other business critical projects to allow us to continue to evolve!
Here is a snapshot of what your day-to-day might look like:
- Managing an effective suite of weekly and monthly financial reports which summarise financial sales and margin performance for the total business, highlighting trends and issues to senior management for further action.
- Attend cross-functional meetings to discuss both strategic and operational challenges providing challenge on performance/progress.
- *As a Financial Manager you'll provide an understanding and evaluation of commercial trading opportunities.
- *Deliver reviews of month end trading results, annual budgets and monthly forecasts, working with the business to ensure budgets meet financial objectives.
- *Interact with the wider Commercial team to ensure that performance reporting is aligned to the needs of the business.
What you'll need on your CV...
You'll be a highly analytical and commercially focussed qualified Accountant with "relevant" experience. We're also looking for the following:
*Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW or ICAS)
*Excellent analytical and IT skills, advanced Excel user
*Ability to take complex financial and performance information and translate for non-finance audiences
*Demonstrable experience gained in a fast-paced commercial environment, in a Business Partner or equivalent role
If you are looking for a career enhancing commercial finance role working for one of the best known retailers in the UK, what are you waiting for, apply today!