Sourcing & Supplier Development Manager
Your role will be to source and develop manufacturing solutions to service the business needs and business strategies of established multi-apparel based organisation. To ensure solutions comply with the technical expectations of the business and clients. To develop current supplier performance and to take responsibility for all costing structures and to enhance margin.
Sourcing & Supplier Development Manager – The Job Opportunity
- Develop and manage sourcing policy and procedures and supplier related critical path activities
- In conjunction with the Design & Product Development to develop sourcing solutions in line with business expectations.
- To manage and engage the supply base to ensure the most effective processes are adopted to deliver targeted business objectives.
- To advise the business on new developments and opportunities that would enhance commercial appeal.
- To create and maintain a costing matrix to which all new tenders and contracts can be costed speedily.
- To develop open book costings and costing matrixes with new and existing suppliers.
- To constantly look at ways to drive margin improvement initiatives.
- Through the fair application of the terms and conditions ensure conformance of the supply chain to ICWs requirements.
- To regularly appraise the supply base through presentation of accurate performance figures and vendor assessment results including SEDEX.
- To continually assess level of risk with any given supplier in terms of operational performance and financial standing and implement exit strategy.
Sourcing & Supplier Development Manager – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within a sourcing, or supply chain position with fashion and textiles at management level or similar accountability.
- CIPS qualified or currently studying, would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Good level of IT knowledge especially Excel.
- Good product technical ability.
- Good level of mathematical ability.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.