Our client, a major manufacturer based in Stafford with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a 6 month opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join their team.
As the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for setting the maintenance vision, setting the standard that we want to operate by and ensuring the provide the most efficient, economical and timely design and services required to support the manufacturing operation. You will deliver the optimum facility availability with a team of highly skilled technicians to ensure preventive maintenance programs, electronic repair and central maintenance management, as well as managing various electric and mechanical contractors in the pursuit of a reliable manufacturing system.
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager
- Leading a critical workgroup including planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reviewing work of the team.
- Responsibility for expense budgets, capital forecasts and expenditures, and personnel management which incorporates engaging the team through gaol alignment to the business strategy and performance evaluations.
- Confront complex issues and problems that require careful analysis and diagnosis and can require original approaches.
- Implement departmental procedures and processes to establish best practice and ensure standard work and safe procedural working.
- Lead team to carry out historical data analysis to aid with preventative maintenance creation and root cause corrective action.
- Develop predictive maintenance based on employing new methodology to monitor equipment health.
- Provide leadership to craftsmen to meet the expectations of customers and the goals of the organization.
- Maintain material inventory and appropriate records of special tools or repair parts and coordinates major project work to ensure completion as scheduled.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Maintenance Manager
- Technical or university degree in an appropriate manufacturing or engineering related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- Minimum five years manufacturing experience
- Thorough knowledge of the planning system, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling required.
- Analytical ability as well as communication skills is essential
- General understanding of the organization, products, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of autonomous maintenance
- Knowledge of TPM
- 6 Sigma experience
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.