We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Surveyor to join our growing team in Nuneaton (CV10 7RH)
You will report directly into the Head of Property, your role will be to undertake general estates/asset management work including third party claims across the UK portfolio. You will also be responsible for managing a small non-trading sub-let portfolio of residential and commercial properties.
Service Charges and Business Rates are dealt with by external consultants and you may be required to assist in the running of these contracts.
Your day to day responsibilities include;
- Working alongside other surveyors and senior surveyors within the estates team reporting directly to the Head of Estates.
- Ensuring the ability to trade the retail premises within your patch via effective asset and property management. Liaising with the Facilities Management team to ensure issues that are the landlords responsibility are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Managing a small non-trading sub-let portfolio of both residential and commercial properties in order to maximise income and minimise outgoings.
- Dealing with third party building insurance claims.
- You will be responsible for the UK portfolio consisting of in excess of 800+ stores and growing.
- Assisting with the service charge and rating contracts where required.
- Build effective relationships with internal colleagues both at the support centre, and also in the field, from store manager level right up to the divisional managers.
- Maintain professional relationships with peers in the industry to ensure best results for the business.
- Ensure the estate database is up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Ensure the correct processes are being implemented at all times personally and within the wider estates team.
The ideal candidate could be a member of the RICS in the relevant field, a graduate working toward becoming a member of the RICS via the APC or someone with similar experience who is keen to learn and is pragmatic in their approach to problem solving. Client side (retailer) experience preferred but not essential.
The estates team at Holland & Barrett is a fast paced environment where we encourage and support each other working as a team. We work hard and celebrate success in equal measure.
For the right candidate there is a competitive package (dependent on experience) including an annual bonus, car allowance, 25% store discount, generous annual leave entitlement, on-site gym, subsidised canteen, subsidised nursery (coming soon) and free on site car parking. There is opportunity for remote working as the need arises, after-all work life balance is important to us all.