Mechanical Design Engineer Heat Exchanger: Coventry GBP55k
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Heat Exchanger): Coventry GBP55,000
- Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in designing Heat Exchangers?
- Do you want to work for one of the UK's Leading Names in Power Generation Engineering and Innovation?
- Do you have strong experience in design and development of complex Mechanical Systems & Solutions, including Heat Exchangers?
If so, then please see below...
Huxley Engineering and a major Innovator in Power Generation Engineering are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis for their offices in the Coventry area.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, your role involves designing and developing heat exchanger technologies and the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be involved in development and validation of heat exchanger technology.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Work between R&D and Production design engineering activities
- Produce designs and subsequent manufacturing drawings (using Solidworks 2016)
- Perform tolerance stack up analysis
- Perform mechanical design calculations and analysis
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree)
- Previous experience of designing & developing complex engineering systems, preferably in high temperature applications
- In-depth understanding of Heat Exchangers design, manufacture, materials and processes utilities in heat exchangers is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in systems engineering and robust design
- Prior experience in using thermal and stress analysis packages
- Experience in: Sheet Metal Design, high temperature welded fabrications, design for manufacture and assembly, production processes for high temperature welded fabrication
- Prior experience in data analysis (ideally in LabVIEW and/or MatLab).
- Sound prior experience of Turbines, Gas Turbine or related product knowledge and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
This Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role is commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Rugby, Hinckley, Solihull and Tamworth and for the successful Production Engineer, a salary reflective of experience is on offer (Circa GBP55000).
To be considered for this Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, please apply via the link below
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.