Head of HR
HEAD OF HR,
Your new company
My client are a well known financial services business with a well established branch network and head office in Stafford shire. The are now looking to hire an experienced Head of HR to deliver a strategic HR plan across the group and to lead and motivate a team of 9 HR and Training professionals.
Your new role
As Head of HR you will lead the development and delivery of the People Strategy and operational practices covering all aspects relating to HR, learning & development and training & competence in addition to supporting the Executive team in strengthening the culture.
You will develop, shape and deliver a clear People Strategy that feeds into and supports the overall business strategy whilst providing strategic HR input and challenge to the senior leadership team on all people related matters including talent development, succession planning, organisational design and business change, thereby supporting the delivery of the Corporate Plan.
- To form strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business ensuring that the people perspective is fully represented in decision making.
- To be visible throughout the business engaging with staff regarding people related initiatives.
- To support the Executives in strengthening the organisations culture and ensure that the organisations values are embedded in all people practices.
- To promote the benefits of employee engagement and positive employee relations, including negotiating/consulting with the Staff Association, in conjunction with the Finance Director, on issues which are subject to formal interaction with employee representatives.
- As a member of the senior management team to provide input, advice and support to the Executives and other senior managers within the team and make a full contribution to team meetings and decision-making.
- To provide leadership and effective management of the HR, learning & development and training & competence functions including development of staff and the conducting of monthly performance reviews to identify their development needs to maximise individual potential and development.
- To lead the delivery of a strong HR service to the business to maximise the contribution of people to deliver the business objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be CIPD qualified, preferably to level 7 (post graduate) with a track record of developing and delivering a People Strategy in a business environment and experience of leading a HR department.
You will be a strong HR generalist experience with strong knowledge of Employment Law and possess excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build strong relationships internally and externally.
You will be an inspiring leader with the ability to build and lead effective teams with excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Financial services industry knowledge is desirable although not essential.
What you'll get in return
My client are offering a salary of between GBP55,000-GBP65,000, dependant on experience plus a company car, healthcare and a generous benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.