JOB TITLE - Buyer
LOCATION - Tamworth
TERM - Permanent
SALARY - GBP25,000 - GBP35,000
A great opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join a leading manufacturing company. The Buyer will be responsible for sourcing goods and services, equipment, and managing vendors.
Key responsibilities for the Buyer will be to:
- Negotiate and manage suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality to obtain the maximum benefit
- Assist with the purchasing requirements throughout the company regarding consumables and maintenance parts.
- Place Purchase Orders with suppliers
- Urge suppliers on delivery schedules to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
- Actively review the supplier base to ensure consistency with the businesses changing requirements
- Ensure commercial and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce cost and improve effectiveness
The Supply Chain Manager will possess the following skills/experience:
- 4+ years of experience as a Buyer, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- fa??ade experience
- CIPS qualified - Desirable
If you are interested in this Buyer position, and the relevant experience then please apply with an up to date CV.
Premier are acting as an employment agency