Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do?
We are looking for a fearless and talented individual like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer. We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
Is this you? Because it looks like you.
That is if you are the intelligent hard working one with lots of ideas, that we have been looking for.
Working with internationally recognised and market leading brands, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow in capability and confidence. There is an excellent support network and a team of industry professionals around you while you get to grips with the job. Hopefully over time you will establish yourself as the go to person and will join a long list of predecessors that have gone on to inspire the next generations of people under you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Operations Development and Support team. This role is a permanent contract for a Quality Manager. Working alongside the Continual Improvement and Quality Manager you will be responsible for overseeing operational quality and improvements plus supporting and assisting with the medium and long term business strategies.
As Quality Manager you will focus on maintaining and improving operational performance, ensuring this is replicated across all Whistl depots.
You will proactively monitor, investigate and question the quality or operational performance, whilst working closely with key stake holders both upstream and downstream to improve highlighted areas with minimal cost impact to the business.
As Quality Manager you will actively and positively encourage the utilisation of Whistl Oper-Tune/Lean tools where appropriate to tackle issues and opportunities for improvement through a structured approach. You will also play a key role in assisting (new) business critical projects and a lead role in facilitation to drive resolutions and improvement
You must be able to communicate with stakeholders on all levels in an open and effective way and be able to drive and influence people in their approach.
This is a field based role and will require regular travel to regional depots and periodic travel to other depots and sites within the network.
Additional Saary Info: Private Healthcare, Car or Car Allowance, Annual Bonus
Quality Manager | QMS | Quality | Operational | Field Based | Continual Improvement
- Open and direct communication
- Proactive approach towards operators, operational management and senior management
- Proactive in flagging issues in the operations
- Strong drive to achieve the best standards of quality at all times
- Strong prioritisation skills; ensuring that tasks are completed within strict timescales whilst aligned with the key deliverables
- Strong communication skills, confident in communicating with key stakeholders, colleagues and internal/external customers at all levels
- Strong influencing skills; excellent ability to deal with resistance (change management and employee behaviour)
- A flexible approach to an ever changing environment and a can do attitude
- Able to react quickly in line with business critical requirements
- Professional and courteous approach at all times
- Knowledge and understanding of the Operation, or similar environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of quality systems and measures
- Microsoft office suite - intermediate / advanced level
- Educated to degree standard
- Operational Management background
We are the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.