The Business Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The Business Analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary that shapes the technology demand among the business community.
- Work with executive and senor leaders to creating and maintain an operating plan to achieve the strategic vision and operating platform that defines the people, processes, tools, and technology
- Partner with business and technology partners to elicit, analyse, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements
- Analyse, document and test program development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Partner with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing
- Document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures
- Coordinate the project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into application requirements
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Ideal candidate will have retail experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with software engineers quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- An understanding of BMPN and UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams) would be an advantage.
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, RUP, and Waterfall)
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???