Electrical Design Engineer Building Services
Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services)
GBP45000 - GBP55,000 basic salary plus car
Hours: Normal working hours
This is an exceptional opportunity to enhance your career within facilities services working for a leading FTSE250 FM Outsourcing business. A Building Services Design Engineer is required to work closely with the Minor Works Manager as a key member of the minor works projects team to develop mechanical and electrical design solutions for projects and structures within the scope of the contract.
- Produce detailed electrical designs, including surveys, technical schedules and CAD drawings.
- Produce calculations and designs using Amtech and Dialux.
- Co-ordination with other trades and disciplines.
- Liaison with Contracts Engineers / Design Team to ensure smooth running of contracts on site.
- Prepare Electrical Tender bids using Estimation software.
- Site surveys - certain surveys will take place out of normal working hours.
- Obtain and validate quotations from specialists and subcontractors.
- Produce installation quality inspection reports.
- Update design variation schedules.
- To attend General Staff, Design Team and site meetings as required.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Able to use own initiative.
- Knowledgeable in design and build contracting.
- Contractual / commercial awareness.
- Professional approach to work, clients and colleagues.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able and enthusiastic communicator.
- High accuracy level and attention to detail, observant.
- Work harmoniously with other Team members.
- Pro-active, sociable and amenable.