PA to Directors at Warwick Arts Centre
To provide comprehensive and totally confidential assistance of a high standard to support the Director and his office. To take administrative responsibility for the organisation, operation and development of the General Office.
Duties and responsibilities
To provide high level PA support to the Director, which may include but not be limited to:
• Managing electronic diaries, travel arrangements, and the expenses;
• Keeping Directors' workload structured and organised, e.g. by preparation of papers for meetings, and to prioritise conflicting demands;
• Responding to queries by phone, email, in writing, and in person, and exercise judgement over which need to be escalated;
• Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
• Assisting with stakeholder reporting which includes preparation of grant applications, carrying out research, producing documents, briefing papers and presentations as and when required;
• Ensuring all VIP lists, internal departmental contact lists, First Night Drinks list are updated regularly;
• Providing confidential administrative support for the Arts Centre's HR processes including recruitment, PDR's, associated correspondence for new starters, recording sickness, annual leave and personnel files etc.
• Acting as first point of contact for customer complaints exercising judgement over which need to be escalated, whilst coordinating that responses are within agreed timesecales;
• Maintaining a well organised and tidy general office.
Skills and experience
• Experience of providing high level and confidential PA/administrative support in a multi-job environment;
• Excellent IT skills with in-depth knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), email and the Internet;
• Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to prioritise a busy workload;
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to communicate in a calm, sensitive and professional manner at all times;
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to problem solve when working on own initiative but also as a team member;
• Interest in the Arts;
• Experience of project management.
Warwick Arts Centre, The University of Warwick
Predicted interview date: w/c 21st August 2017
Duration of the assignment: 6 months initially, with the potential to be extended for a further 6 months thereafter
This is a Grade 4 role (GBP11.18 per hour plus GBP1.35 holiday pay)