Our client is company based in Leamington and operate in the hospitality sector. On their behalf we are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant who will report to the Financial Controller.
The Accounts Assistant duties will include:
1. To assist the Bought Ledger Clerk with all aspects of the Purchase Ledger using the Accounts Package Great Plains Dynamics. This includes assisting with processing all purchase invoices, company credit cards, and staff expenses, dealing with suppliers' issues, reconciling statements, ensuring that supplier invoices are processed efficiently, raising manual cheques, and posting BACS payments.
2. To assist the FC/ Senior Accounts Assistant with the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts by preparing the period end costs accruals and reviewing the pre payments, reviewing costs against budget and querying anomalies, and posting the month end journals.
3. To support the Sales Ledger and be fully conversant with the different fees and methods of billing. To assist in raising Sales Invoices and credit notes, and make correct entries in the ledgers. Process Direct Debits from clients, setting up new Direct Debits, and logging daily receipts into the Accounts System.
4. To assist with keeping records for the Private Health Insurance for the employees by liaising with the HR department.
5. To assist with keeping records of the company fleet.
6. To assist with bank reconciliation, and be able to produce the work when the senior assistant is absent .
7. To liaise with the FD and the FC, producing information and ad-hoc reports as required.
8. The role also needs to provide cover for five staff in the Accounts department when they are on holiday or absent, and to provide versatile assistance throughout the department with the workload. This will mean the successful candidate will have more opportunity to take a front line role, and will be able to train through all aspects of the Accounts Department and work in Sales Ledger, Bought Ledger, Payroll and Pensions, Rebate Management, Expenses processing, Fleet Management, and assist with Monthly Management Accounts.
9. To process expenses via the Concur system; also acting as administrator, trainer and helpdesk.
The candidate would ideally be working towards Level 1 CIMA, AAT or ACCA or earned the equivalent through experience.