Transport Planner / Freight Forwarder
Opportunity to join a major logistics company within its specialist automotive / finished vehicle logistics business unit. The mission will be to buy / procure transport at the best price possible price and challenge carriers / transport companies to get the best rates. You will then ensure the organisation of the transport in the most efficient way.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in buying UK transport services.
- Schedule and book daily transport nationally in line with the daily activity respecting the date and time of collections and deliveries
- Work with the operational team to establish what work needs booking on a daily/weekly basis
- Understand the balance between the customer request and the operational constraints
- Establish and maintain a database of approved transport suppliers and constantly seek to identify more cost effective solutions
- Request the correct equipment according to the customer and business need
- Select transport carriers keeping cost in mind and ensure best rates are achieved
- Identify all parameters that can influence transport costs
- Be in control of the margin done for each transport booked
- Calculate journey times taking into account the regulations relating to time worked
- Identify solutions to monitor commitments made to customers (internal and external) and be proactive and follow up the deliveries with the carriers
- process and follow up queries and requests, prioritising the urgency and importance of each task
- Gather and analyse customer observations and grievances while keeping in mind the interests of the company
- Notify customers or agencies of any action taken
- Keep documents up to date and ensure the accuracy of data in our systems
- Ensure monitoring, KPI and forecasting tools are utilised
- Previous experience in buying transport services from UK transport companies
- Experience in transport planning
- Knowledge of the automotive industry (highly desirable)
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received. For a confidential initial discussion prior to applying, please contact Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.