Plot sales Conveyancer - Brimingham - £25,000 - £30,000
A leading top 100 UK Law firm based in Birmingham is looking to recruit for its Plot Sales Team. The firm considers itself to be one of few nationwide offering genuine expert legal advice in the field of residential development. The firm is innovative in its approach and is the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" investors in people, emphasising how its values and culture are central to the lifeblood of the firm. A lack of barriers between departments, a lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity make this firm an ideal place to work.
Skills and Responsibilities
• Degree, LPC or ILEX calibre candidates are preferred but not required
• 2 years of previous experience in conveyancing/plot sales preferred within a professional environment. Further training will be given
• Issuing and preparing contract packs on the basis of pre-prepared standard documents following receipt of memorandum of sale
• Dealing with pre-contract enquiries under supervision where required
• Processing exchange of contracts
• Preparation of relevant completion statements
• Preparing site set up documentation/pack to include preparation of the draft contracts, transfers, title pack and site set up document
• Liaising with the client and preferred solicitors to approve the draft transfer and estate layout plans.
• Dealing with deeds of easements and deeds of covenant, sub station transfers and infrastructure and utility agreements.
• Dealing with sale of freehold blocks of apartments
• Excellent client care skills
• Self-confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative
• Ability to grasp things quickly and easily
• Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude
• Good working knowledge of various applications - word, excel, outlook, digital dictation (not essential)
• Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure and find solutions
• A methodical and organised approach with keen attention