IS Support Engineer
IS Support Engineer
Do you have a thorough professional understanding of the I-Series (AS400) platform?
Do you have a thorough working knowledge of SQL Data Base Management?
Are you keen and experienced with Query reporting and RPG programming?
If you answered yes to the above, then this role is for you.
At Jonathan Lee we are proud to be working with a Global Supplier of Automotive technology who are currently searching for an IS Support Engineer to join their team in Redditch.
The role is of a generalist nature and supports the business through a range of Information Systems. The key parts of the role relate to the AS400 system and to provide general network support. The position is highly visible within the business and will require a strong candidate with excellent communication skills to succeed. In this role you will given the freedom to grow professionally and will be expected to develop and lead a solutions based approach to problems.
The skills required are:
- Possess a solid working knowledge of I - Series (AS400) platform and Operating system (OS400 v. 7.1).
- Sound understanding of SQL Data base Management.
- Knowledge of Query reporting and RPG programming would be desirable.
- Hands-on working knowledge of PC / Laptops and general peripherals.
- Understands Network configuration and security systems.
- Experienced in Microsoft applications (Office & Outlook).
- Experience in supporting users and resolving queries.
- Project management / control. Liaison with 3rd party support.
- Understands Virtual Environments.
- Experience of product traceability systems.
- Able to prioritise tasks whilst supporting conflict of demands
- Good communication skills with all levels of employees.
- Organised and logical
- Enthusiastic & confident
- 'Open-minded' & not afraid to innovate.
- Good team player
- Problem solving - 'hands on' & practical
- Maintains good working relations internally and externally
- Minimum of 5 years general IS experience.
- Ideally manufacturing background
- Appropriate training maintaining skills and knowledge.
- Training will be given where development needs are identified.
If this role is of interest to you, please contact Chris Thomas at Jonathan Lee or apply now online and we will review your profile.
IS Support Engineer.