Project/Mechanical Design Engineer - Apex LM
Responsibilities and duties within the role:
- Project manage and design complex systems and components for heavy truck chassis from cradle to the grave adhering to agreed cost, weight and performance targets.
- Close liaison/concurrent activities with internal/external suppliers/customers including securing Installation and Application Approvals.
- Compilation of Engineering Master Parts Lists and design release documentation
- Contribute and advise on relevant product testing activities
- Produce, maintain and control work breakdowns and timing programmes.
- Project management experience and skill
- 3D CAD modelling, general arrangement and production drawings
- Good detailed knowledge of a wide range of engineering
- Previous experience liaising with internal and external suppliers
- Knowledge of DFM, DVP&R (Design validation plan & report) generation or DFMEA participation techniques
- Understanding geometric tolerances in mechanical components including hand calculations.
- Experience of engineering change control documentation
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including casting, welded fabrication, vac forming processes
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in relevant industry
- Previous experience including; HGVs, Truck, Yellow Goods, or related product, chassis systems with similar product volumes and level of complexity.
- Detailed knowledge/experience with any of the vehicle systems including powertrain, hydraulics and braking.
- Experience of Solid Edge 2D/3D CAD.
- TeamCenter experience relevant change management software.
- Leading team/ Demonstrates leadership capability in design based activity such as FMEAs & Risk analysis.
- Membership to the IMechE.