Business Development Manager - Freight Forwarding - Birmingham
Business Development Manager - Essex
Company Profile: Tier 1 Global Freight Forwarder
Relevant Sectors: Freight Forwarding / International Logistics / Air & Sea Freight / Global Transportation
Location: Birmingham or surrounding area
Salary & Benefits: £45-50,000 + Car + Commission
Due to ongoing expansion, this highly regarded global Freight and Logistics group is seeking to appoint an experienced Air and Ocean Business Development Manager in the Birmingham area.
A customer facing role that has overall responsibility for the commercial development of the company’s business portfolio, through promoting and selling the company’s full range of air and ocean products.
The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of business from existing and targeted customers, with a clear focus on strategically aligned products and predefined trade lanes.
- Accountable for existing customer development and new customer development with air and ocean freight customers
- Expand customer portfolio, through the promotion of the company’s full range of products and focus on selected trade lanes
- Identifying and pursuing potential customers in line with commercial planning and strategy
- Upselling process within the geographic territory, whereby non-controlled shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued
- Ensuring that commercial processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception
- Execute professional Sales and marketing process and procedures within the UK commercial team
- Experience in a customer facing commercial role, selling air and ocean services
- A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions and terminology, in the local market
- Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts
- Well-developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiation skills
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received. For a confidential initial discussion prior to applying, please contact Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.