Head of Fire and Emergency Planning - Airport
Head of Fire & Emergency Planning - Birmingham Airport
Leading the airport Fire service and reporting direct into the Airport Operations Director you will manage the Rescue Fire Fighting Service (RFFS) at Birmingham Airport and provide a first-class emergency service response with due regard for regulatory compliance, financial and cost efficiency's, adherence to Airport bye-laws, Airport Operational manuals and applicable statutory regulations.
You will be involved in all aspects of emergency planning working closely with Airport partners along with external stakeholder agencies and will have a pivotal role supporting the response to any Airport emergency.
You should have a minimum of 3 years operational experience at station manager level and excellent people management and communication skills.
- Managing the Rescue Firefighting Services including leadership, motivation, staff management, discipline and training.
- Maintain understanding off and compliance to all regulatory directives issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
- To assume Station Manager responsibility ensuring the aerodrome is properly equipped and supported at all times and all staff are adequately trained and informed
- to manage winter operations procedures ensuring adequately trained staff are available to operate specialist equipment for winter operations.
- To manage the cost centre appropriately.
- To plan, participate in and execute BAL emergency exercises as per current CAA / EASA licensing requirements.
- To Chair the Airport Emergency Planning Committee and to discuss, determine and implement emergency planning arrangements for aircraft using the aerodrome and non-aircraft related emergencies with all Emergency Planning Committee stakeholders
- Ensure the effective integration of the service with external emergency services as required as per EASA requirements.
- To ensure the Aerodrome Emergency Plan is current and all appropriate BHX stakeholders have access to the Plan.
- To assist the Departmental Managers in the preparation and implementation of Business Continuity Plans.
- To carry out departmental audits, and if necessary action any deficiencies, forwarding a copy of the audit report to the Operations Director.
- Ensure that an effective liaison is maintained with key BAL managers and business partners.
Airport Placements are proud to be supporting Birmingham Airport with the recruitment of this key position in their senior team. Airport Placement are a recruitment agency, we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful applications.