Head of Human Resources/Senior HR Business Partner
Our client, a people focused leader in the Public sector is recruiting for a Senior HR Business Partner vacancy based in the West Midlands on a temporary basis for nine months initially to cover a secondment. This role is for an expanding organisation with state-of-the-art facilities and is a great opportunity to develop within a commercially focused department. The working hours for the post are based on a 37.5 hour week. The rate position is very competitive dependent upon experience.
The successful candidate must have strategic experience, CIPD qualifications and a commercial focus with public sector experience is desirable.
Duties will include (but not limited to)
* Responsible for managing, supporting and developing the HR Business Partners, ensuring team and department awareness of business objectives and delivering a high quality responsive service
* Leading on key areas of HR strategy including developing and delivering transformational change in priority areas such as reward, engagement and performance management
* Developing people plans to deliver business objectives in line with the overall strategic vision, including liaising closely with the Workforce Planning and Resourcing Managers to facilitate projects and activities to deliver these plans
* Managing change projects across the business in areas including leadership, organisational design and job design, liaising with senior and board colleagues and Trade union representative to deliver these initiatives
* Developing managerial and leadership capability across the business including coaching senior managers and liaising with colleagues to increase the people management skills of managers and leaders
* Driving the workforce planning process within designated departments as part of the annual planning process to ensure skills gaps are addressed to meet current and future requirements
* Managing complex employee relations matters, assessing the potential business risk and impact of individual cases
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.