Residential Support Worker for Children & Young People
Salary: £8.50 to £11.00 + Sleep allowance
Flexible Shift patterns
Job Type: Temporary
A fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking social care agency. You have the chance to make a real difference caring for various clients aged 8-18 with EBD, complex needs and learning difficulties, including challenging behaviour and autism.
For this temporary opportunity, we are looking for engaging, friendly, and calm individuals. Ideally you will hold QFC (NVQ) Level 3 or equivalent but this is not essential as we can offer training, as the business believe in investing in their staff to help realise their full potential.
Temporary Staff registered with the agency can enjoy perks including discounted cinema tickets and Shopping Vouchers. We also offer convenient local registrations.
- Contribute to the development of the children and young people
- Promote and provide a variety of appropriate and stimulating activities
- Be alert to signs of distress or abuse, ensuring safeguarding from harm
- Engage and develop relationships built on mutual trust via active listening
- Observe behaviours recording significant features in routines and triggers
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of individual care plans
- Participate in reviews and meetings with relevant professionals
- Implement strategies of behavioural control
- Where appropriate encourage the independence of physical needs
- Maintain professional development in policy, procedures and training
- Personal care may be required
- Work under current Government Legislation
- Various Contracts Across the Midlands
Preferred licences or certifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care
- Driving License with access to transport
- Current DBS preferably on the update service