Residential Support Worker Children and Young People
Salary: £19,00 - £22,000
Flexible Shift pattern
Job Type: Full-time
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading provider of therapeutic residential care, independent education, and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs.
Our client, established in 1985 deliver a portfolio of specialist services, for young people aged 10-18+, from crisis and assessment placements, through to long-term placements and preparation for independent living. They employ the 'House Model of Parenting’, an attachment based therapeutic care approach which focusses on providing a secure base, building relationships, and managing behaviour
For this full-time opportunity we are looking for self-motivated individuals with a genuine desire and passion to support young people that display challenging behaviour and have complex needs including autism.
Candidates will ideally hold NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or equivalent experience and hold a full clean UK Driving Licence with access to transport.
- Contribute to the development of the children and young people
- Promote and provide a variety of appropriate and stimulating activities
- Awareness to signs of distress or abuse, ensuring that the children and young people are safeguarded from harm
- Develop relationships built on mutual trust and effective communication
- Observe behaviours and record significant features including routines and triggers
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of individual care plans
- Participate in reviews and meetings with relevant professionals
- Implement strategies of behavioural control with children and young people
- Where appropriate encourage the independence of physical needs
- Maintain professional development in policies, procedure & training
- Work under current Government Legislation
Preferred licences or certifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People (C&YP)
- Current DBS, preferably on Up-date system
- Full clean UK Driving License