Residential Support Worker for Adults with Learning Disabilities
Salary: £9.00 to £10.00 + Sleep allowance
Flexible Shift patterns available
Job Type: Temporary
A fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking social care agency. You have the chance to make a real difference caring for various clients with EBD, complex needs and learning difficulties, including challenging behaviour.
For this temporary opportunity, we are looking for engaging, friendly, and calm individuals. Ideally you will hold NVQ Level 3 Health and Social care or equivalent but this is not essential as we can offer training, as the business believe in investing in their staff to help realise their full potential.
Temporary Staff registered with the agency can enjoy other perks such as discounted cinema tickets and shopping vouchers.
- Promote and provide a variety of appropriate and stimulating activities
- Be aware and alert to signs of distress or abuse, ensuring that the clients are safeguarded from harm
- Engage and develop relationships built on mutual trust via communication and active listening
- Observe behaviours & record significant features including routines and triggers
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of individual care plans
- Participate in reviews and meetings with relevant professionals
- Implement strategies of behavioural control with clients
- Where appropriate encourage the independence of physical needs
- Maintain professional development with policy, procedure and training
- Personal care may be required
- Work under current Government Legislation
- Worcestershire (rural locations own transport is required)
Preferred licences or certifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care
- Driving License with access to transport
- An up to date DBS preferably on the update service