Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance function and providing commercial support to the Board.
The role will demand commitment and ambition to drive efficiency, process improvements and improve the quality of the financial information used to manage the business. Crucially, the new Financial Controller will act as a commercial sounding board for all business decisions and transactions.
- Ensuring accurate and timely recording off all financial transactions
- Provide insight and analysis to the management team on financial and operating performance
- Deliver monthly management accounts, weekly sales reports and monthly budget reports accurately and on time in accordance with the business plan schedule
- Continuous management and support of budget, forecast and cash flow activities
- Developing and enhancing the finance function of the company and its procedures - liaising with the external accountants and corporation tax agents in respect of the annual filings
- Enforcing financial control throughout the business
- Treasury and cash flow management
- Preparation of management and statutory reporting
- Work with Directors to improve processes and develop financial and management systems
Candidates will ideally be qualified, and will ideally have experience in a manufacturing / distribution environment.