Financial Controller - £55-65k
MERJE Ltd have been instructed to a recruit a high profile and career defining Financial Controller for a fantastic and award-winning division of a major real estate business based in the West Midlands. With a defined and clear strategy for significant growth and expansion in the next few years, the successful Financial Controller will have genuine opportunities for long-term career progression within a dynamic and extremely fast paced business.
The Financial Controller will work closely with the senior leadership team providing financial reporting expertise, control and oversee all of the day-to-day financial operations whilst supporting the wider business during an exciting growth period. You will be the 'go to person’ for key departmental heads up to board level, supporting them with insightful reports. This is a great opportunity to develop all aspects of your skillset within an entrepreneurial business that is set for substantial growth in the next 3 years.
Financial Controller Duties:
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial accounts and oversee monthly management accounts production to agreed timescales and also liaise with external auditors
- Produce subsidiary financial statements in line with relevant accounting standards
- Produce monthly cash flow reports and working capital analysis providing associated commentaries and bringing them to life whilst keeping all key stakeholders informed.
- You will lead all process improvement projects and develop internal controls whilst also supporting the improvement to internal systems.
- Support the leadership team with ad-hoc projects which including an acquisition strategy providing due-diligence and MI for review
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process whilst continually assessing financial performance, looking for trends and opportunities to create further value
- Providing leadership and guidance to an accounting team though regular meetings and 1-2-1’s.
Financial Controller Profile:
- Ideally you be will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified (or equivalent) ideally from a big 4 / top 10 accountancy firm, strong Manager’s / Senior Manager’s looking for your first move will also be considered.
- Technically proficient financial reporting whilst operating in a complex business environment, any property / real estate industry experience would be advantageous
- Possess strong systems and Excel skills, ideally to an advance level as you will be required to develop processes and controls and improve systems
- You will be able to communicate with real confidence and flair across all levels and also able to influence senior stakeholders, both verbal and written and able to challenge where necessary
- You will be ambitious and driven with a confident personality and 'can-do’ attitude who is not afraid get involved in the detail but also be comfortable supporting overall business strategy
The successful candidate will be a pro-active technically and commercially focused finance professional, you will be joining a dynamic division of a large corporate business which has enjoyed sustained growth in recent years and is now looking for an technically astute Financial Controller to play a key role in the timely delivery of all financial information whilst supporting key acquisition activity. If interested, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.