Reference Number: GB06888
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MOD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne + Nagel Military & Government Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Report & Monitor Environmental performance against targets to the SHE Manager
* Assist Operations to maintain SHEC standards and meet targets and levels of compliance
* Be responsible for the timely reporting of SHEC Incidents to the National SHEC Manager
* Ensure operations meet SHEC process compliance within national and international standards and legislation
* Ensure the corrective action from audits and customer complaints are completed by the operation management team
* Act as a role model and maintain a high standard of ethics and adherence to the KN principals and its code of conduct and ethics. Ensure that all operational colleagues are aware of the Divisional SHEC goals and the transformation required
* In addition to normal duties may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business and flexibility should be recognised as a prerequisite of the role
* To liaise with other areas of the business in order to promote good working relations and to assist in overall performance
* To ensure that requirements noted in the corporate 'Local Operational SHEC Manager Guidelines and Responsibilities' document are achieved
* Contribute effectively to overall business goals
* Liaise closely with POD (L&D) and KN National QSHE Teams in the delivery of SHE advisement and training
Your skills and experience
* Previous demonstrable experience of relationship management
* Environmental Technical Knowledge
* Aviation, MOD or Automotive or similar industry experience
* Education: No formal qualifications but an understanding of SHEC requirements
* Experience within a customer focused environment
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Diplomatic and sensitive when needed
* Consistent temperament/Able to deal with frustration/Tenacity & Resilience
* Able to deliver what is expected from him/her on time (Result Driven)
* Knowledge of Word and Excel, Numerate/data rational
* Analytical/report writing/Forward planning skills
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks.
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.