International Internal Auditor
- Identify risk to profit, strategic objectives and the achievement of our business values.
- To challenge, review and test key operational controls within the business to provide assurances to Senior Management that risks are mitigated and managed effectively.
- To identify clear actions to mitigate risks to the business which reflect our business values.
- To provide a first class internal audit service in accordance with the principles of the Chartered Institute of Internal Audit.
There are many different facits to this varied role but in the main we will be hoping you will take ownership of:
- Undertake internal audit assignments in accordance with Poundland’s agreed internal audit methodology, including;
- Preparation of terms of reference for audit assignments.
- Undertaking audit interviews and the completion of compliance testing and documentation reviews.
- Preparation of audit working papers and development of control framework.
- Identification of key findings and recommendations.
- Preparation of Draft Internal Audit reports for review by the Audit & Assurance Manager.
- Always displays independence and impartiality, and undertakes audit assignments in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit Standards.
- Support in the delivery of internal audit in existing and newly emerging European markets within the Poundland Group.
- Support Poundland’s Serious Incident Committee process, including the monitoring of actions resulting from serious incidents and attendance at Committee’s raised as required.
- Ownership of the Serious Incident Committee log including regular monitoring and closure of SIC actions.
- Ownership of the Internal Audit Follow Up log including regular monitoring and closure of audit actions.
- Support the Audit & Assurance Manager in championing risk management and the ongoing facilitation and challenge of the risk register with Directors.
- To support the Customer & Assurance team in day to day tasks as required.
- Undertakes operational profit protection tasks as requested.
- Participates in weekend working rota.
- Preparedness to travel internationally.
We would look for in a sucessful applicant the following:
- Experience of working in an internal audit function.
- Understanding of risk management and compliance principles.
- Ability to adapt quickly to tasks as they are assigned and to respond to ad hoc requests.
- Important the individual works well in a team and is prepared to support their colleagues with all requests to the best of their ability.
- Strong computer skills, skilled in using Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and a full clean driving license is essential.
- Willingness to study towards the Institute of Internal Audit professional qualifications (CIA) or reasonable equivalent.
We also need a European language for this position Ideally, Spanish, French or Polish