Commissioning Technician - Gateshead
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
The Schneider Electric Buildings business focuses on building control and management through a range of systems and services including BMS controls, fire and security systems. Increasingly Buildings are focusing on integrated energy reduction and security solutions. These solutions optimise building performance by improving reliability and enhancing the comfort and safety of individuals using the building whilst minimising energy usage. The business has responsibility to deploy our solutions in the hospital, life sciences and green building sectors
To commission building management control systems as part of customer orders incorporating the supply, design, installation and commissioning of building management control systems
1. Ensure a safe and healthy working environment for themselves and others, at office or site locations. Operating to site requirements, Project Method statements and risk assessments, SE Health & Safety system;
2. Pre-commission control panels, field devices and main plant items (motors, inverters etc) onto the panel;
3. Commission controllers, networks and field devices into a complete control system.
4. Write and commission controller software through to the Graphical user interface;
5. Configure and commission graphics;
6. Document commissioning progress, site reports and assist with O & M manuals;
7. Handover and demonstrate the completed system to customer/ consultant;
8. Aid supervision of the installation and liaison with contractors & Subcontractors
Educated to HNC and/or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Experience within BMS (Building Management System) Controls in one of the following - StruxureWare, Andover Continuum, Satchwell or TAC, or other Business recognised BMS software
Technical development experience and technical knowledge of Schneider and third party technical solutions.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.