Project Manager - IT, Burton Upon Trent
At Greene King we are implementing big changes to our business. Whilst we continue to outperform others in a challenging environment, and expand our estate, we want to provide a best in class service for everything we do. Expansion, growth and improvements mean change - and to deliver that change we need the right people. As we invest in delivering projects, we need to develop our internal processes to set ourselves up for further success as a growing IT Project Team
As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, to be based in our Head Office in Burton on Trent, working within the newly created IT Projects team. Working in a delivery focussed, fast paced environment your role will be to support our business by delivering solutions to business challenges. In addition to this you will be responsible for evolving our internal project methodology to ensure the projects team deliver a best in class service to our business.
- To manage the full project management lifecycle process, from initiation through to handover to the business including all stages in between.
- To matrix manage the project team, consisting of business analysts, technical resources, testers, business teams and suppliers.
- To report progress against plan, budget and functionality for all projects allocated.
- To work with the business to identify innovative solutions to business challenges that will result in a step change in the business’ performance.
- To manage the business change that comes with the introduction of new systems and new processes.
- PRINCE 2
- Experience of delivering projects on time, to budget and to quality
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Knowledge and experience of working in a retail environment preferable but not essential
- Experience of Business Change Management techniques
- Experience of 3rd Party supplier management
Core Knowledge and Behaviours:
- To ensure all communication is clear, simple, unambiguous and well structured, and to have confidence in dealing with all areas and levels within our business.
- To manage customers’ needs whilst setting achievable expectations.
- To want to drive continuous improvements and be comfortable with managing change.
- To consider the bigger picture understanding how individual project deliverables may impact the wider portfolio.
- To want to work as part of a developing team, and bring new ideas to the table.
- To take in information quickly and accurately and work independently to propose solutions to problems.
- To possess a sense of ownership and be accountable for delivering projects effectively.
- To be able to adapt style to suit different situations and differing audiences.
- To be a “go-getter” – and generate enthusiasm for this role and the wider project process.
Candidates may have a business or technical background, but should be able to demonstrate the complete skillset which this role requires.
Location: Burton upon Trent, UKReference Code 891414