Controls System Engineer
We require an experienced Siemens S7/TIA Portal Control Engineer to work on a contract basis within the Midlands area, for an initial 6 month period, with a high possibility of extension. The successful candidate will have a complex in-depth working knowledge of integrations and communication systems as well as being able to effectively communicate between both client and customer.
Engineers who have worked in an automated warehouse environment, containing material handling, conveyors or heavy machinery experience. Those with knowledge of Siemens S7/TIA Portal PLC Software capability and the communications interfaces between PLC layer and an application layer (WMS/WCS) will be highly sought after.
Key areas of responsibility include -
- PLC software development and testing - preferably Siemens (Classic S7 and TIA Portal) and ideally some Rockwell (RS Logix 5000 and/or Studio 5000) experience
- HMI/SCADA application, development and testing with at least one in-depth knowledge of one package, including but not limited to: Rockwell RSView SE, Siemens Win-CC or GE Proficy, Wonderware and FactoryTalk.
- Network Architecture Design (eg Ethernet, ProfiNet, Modbus and others)
- Electrical and control system design
- Hardware specification & procurement
- Hardware configuration
- Maintenance of software and hardware through maintaining full and complete test documentation (eg FAT/CAT specifications and observations/test records)
The successful applicant will also need to be adaptable and flexible due to a possible multi-site set up and an ever changing client base is commonplace. If the above descriptions match your, apply and await our call!
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit the website.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | London, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales