Gas Meter Installer/Engineer
A Gas Meter Installer / Engineer is required to install, exchange, and remove gas meters in various industrial and commercial premises, up to and including U160 commercial gas meters.
You will undertake safe and appropriate manual handling of meters and fittings in accordance with our client's internal policies and procedures, legislation, applicable industry codes of practice and technical standards.
Our client works with many public and private establishments and you will be expected to provide courteous service during your visits.
The Gas Meter Installer will be home based and must be able to drive frequently to access client premises. You must have at least 6 months experience on metering installs and have a good technical knowledge of all gas meters, fittings, pipework alterations and be able to complete a busy workload schedule including all associated paperwork.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
Conduct safe gas meter exchanges:
- Proactively liaise with and quickly build rapport with site representatives and industry participants as needed.
- Assess installed system for suitability and recommend and/or carry out changes as necessary, testing and re-instating services to fully operational levels.
- Carry out regular Health and Safety checks to ensure safe working environments and the safety of others e.g. RAMS (Risk Assessments and Method Statements).
- Accurately capture and relay technical information as needed.
- Install and handle Gas Meters and associated equipment in accordance with established processes, regulation and codes of practice.
- Ensure adequate and correct equipment and ancillary stock are accurate at all times for scheduled work.
- Ensure stock replenishment requests are issued in a timely manner.
- Safe handling of new and recovered equipment and ancillaries.
- Clear handover with supporting evidence when returning equipment to stores.
- Collect and deposit meters from designated storage facilities.
- Ensure the safe keeping of issued equipment.
- Promptly respond to scheduling enquiries and maintain frequent contact with Head Office.
- Maintain accurate notes of conversations with site contacts and other customer representatives.
- Follow an agreed code of conduct when on site and representing our client.
- Capture and submit accurate technical information and installation documentation on time.
- Adhere to all of our client's policies, procedures and working practices including all Health and Safety requirements.
Must hold current commercial ACS qualifications:
- CCN1, COCN1, CODNCO1
- CMET1, CMET2
- ICPN1, TPCP1
- Or equivalents
Skills and attributes required:
- Must hold a full UK driving Licence.
- Must be able to respond to emergency and routine work out of hours.
- Be able to travel out of region as necessary including occasional overnight stays.
- Must have a reasonable level of fitness and manual dexterity to undertake regular lifting and manual handling;
- Must work to Ofgem / IGEM / MAMCoP Code of Practices (CoPs), including but not limited to:
- CoP 1a: Low Pressure Diaphragm and Electronic Meter Installations with Badged Meter capacities not exceeding 6 m3/hr (212 ft3/hr).
- CoP 1b: Low Pressure Diaphragm and Rotary Displacement Meter Installations with Badged Meter capacities exceeding 6 m3/hr (212ft3/hr) but not exceeding 1076 m3/h (38,000 ft3/hr).
- CoP 1c (where applicable): Higher Pressure and all other Low Pressure Meter Installations not covered by COP/1a or COP/1b.
- Plus other CoPs as required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Keep up-to-date with changes to legislation and applicable codes of practice.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach.
- Attention to detail is paramount in completing documentation.
- Flexible approach to travel and hours worked
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks, activities and projects and use initiative.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Able to present information clearly including schematics and mathematical calculations.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Smart and presentable at all time
- Work effectively and responsibly without supervision.
- Keeping the company's vehicle clean and tidy at all time