Role: Mechanical Fitter / Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £26,500 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to contribute to the preventative maintenance and defect rectification on all plant and equipment. The role will be providing a mechanical fitting service throughout the Plant while implementing a culture of continuous improvement. The role will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager/Operations Manager.
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with the maintenance schedule and report any irregularities.
- To maintain and test all mechanical systems.
- Interact with operations personnel in regards to fault finding, test, modification to process requirements, updating of drawings, and carry out defect rectification in line with the defect reporting system.
- To carry out isolations as necessary and in conjunction with maintenance/operations requests
- Implement and monitor a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assist in completing the scheduled operations programme for proving plant securities and equipment changeover routines, while ensuring tests are carried out and successful results recorded.
- Effectively react to changes in circumstances and unplanned emergencies in relation to Plant and equipment.
- To assist other maintenance personnel as required.
- Liaise with contractors as the need arises.
- Working at Height and in confined spaces.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Report when stock levels are at re-order level for all items of spares and consumables.
Health & Safety:
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety procedures/policy and all Company policies.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- Work within the requirements of the Company's Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI's), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively interpret data, and knowledge of fault finding.
- Ability to work under pressure and take on additional duties when required.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.