Export Automotive Shipping Clerk
Our client, a leading British Logistics provider with Headquarters in Solihull are currently recruiting an experienced Automotive Shipping Clerk to join a specialist division.
As an Automotive Shipping Clerk you will be responsible for:
- Using in-house systems to create documentation to enable freight to be moved to meet customer deadlines and specifications
- Creating and updating freight bookings
- Raising customers documentation
- Collating documents for distribution to customers and carriers
- Arranging haulage with shipping lines
- Negotiating and agreeing charges for all types of shipments which may include containers refrigerated units, ISO tanks and hazardous cargo
- Resolving issues and responding to incoming enquiries
- Ensuring clients and management team are aware of the status of all shipments
The successful candidate for the role of the Automotive Shipping Clerk will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the capability to work within a busy demanding environment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within freight forwarding or a similar logistics field
As the Automotive Shipping Clerk you will require, a positive attitude, ambition and the ability to work well under pressure.
In return the Import Operator will receive a basic salary of GBP18,000 - GBP25,000 depending upon experience
If you think you have what it takes to apply for this role, please click apply and send us your CV.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.