Health & Safety Consultant
Health & Safety Consultant
Field Based - Mid Wales
Up to GBP36,000 Basic + Company Car
Carrying out Health & Safety contractual service visits, providing documentation and advice/assistance as required.
The Business Safety Department is looking for a hardworking and professional Health & Safety Consultant, with a high level of technical knowledge and experience. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with your members and deliver a high quality, cost effective consultancy service. Ideally you will be a chartered member of The Institution of Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent or working towards this.
- Conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times (including appearance, use of PPE, communication etc.) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols
- To visit members premises for the purpose of carrying out agreed contractual work
- Undertake health and safety visits to member's premises in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements, in particular where SLA's are in place
- Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with member demand and departmental protocols
- Advise and instruct members in the use of Health and Safety Management systems and other relevant technical documents and online services
- Liaise with the HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required to do so
- Assist members with accident or other special investigations as required
- Advise members on matters of Health and Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
- Provide management reports as required
- Manage time effectively to provide an effective and efficient service to members
- Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge
- Look after your company vehicle in the appropriate manner by maintaining cleanliness and security
- Supporting the client through effective crisis management where required
- Any other relevant duties as may be identified by your Line Manager
What you Bring to the Team
- Excellent member relationship skills
- Provision of practical solutions to members
- Deliver a high quality consultancy service with commercial boundaries
- Strong Health and Safety technical knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Work to strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
Why Join our Team?
A fantastic place to work with a great reputation for providing a high quality consultancy service. You will experience a huge variety of Health and Safety challenges across a wide range of business sectors. You will be able to build long lasting and fulfilling professional relationships with your members, develop their Health and Safety practice and compliance. Every day brings a different and exciting challenge calling on all your expertise and experience.