MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe's leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
We are looking to recruit a QA Analyst to join our IT test team. The main responsibilities of this role are to ensure the delivery of quality application projects and changes, executing appropriate QA processes on all code, databases & infrastructure prior to deployment including authorising changes for release.
Main duties will include:
- Testing and improving the code by ensuring we have 100% test coverage and no code hot spots
- Ensuring that QA standards and principles are followed by performing peer reviews of the tests and acceptance criteria
- Improving the QA of the website and identify any functional, technical or performance problems providing suggestions for improvements
- Ensuring that the Agile Software Development Life Cycle is followed
- Improving, sharing and retaining critical in-depth knowledge of the systems developed and maintained by MandM, such as the Website and all supporting services
- Ensuring progress is measured and reported in a timely fashion.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Demonstrable expertise in devising then executing QA processes, tools and techniques
- Expertise in the use of automated test tools including load, stress and performance testing plus script automation
- Experience of testing in a cloud infrastructure preferably using Google Cloud Services
- Experience of retail, preferably e-Commerce and/or multi-channel and an understanding of the technologies and associated issues in this environment
- Experience of working within different development methodologies incl. Agile, waterfall etc. and the role that testing plays in each of them
- A track record of over-seeing successful software deployments
- Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and an entrepreneurial style, not afraid to challenge to ensure quality delivery
- Flexible in approach and neither dogmatic nor bureaucratic when deploying QA disciplines into an inexperienced business
- Robust & resilient, a completer/finisher with an attention to detail. Analytical in approach, tenacious and driven by results
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Location and hours:
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and will be based at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.