Senior Support Worker with children
Are you looking to further your career and become a Senior support worker? Have you completed a NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a well established children's home for a Senior Support Worker to join the team. You will be working with children to play an integral part of the multi disciplinary team supporting children who have a range of complex needs including Emotional Behavioural Difficulties, ASD and Challenging Behaviour. This is a full time, permanent role paying GBP18372- GBP21402 + sleep in allowance
You will be working within a breath taking scenic rural setting in an environment that has been specifically adapted and beautifully decorated to ensure the warmest homely, therapeutic environment. With the support of an experienced, passionate and knowledgeable Registered Manager, you will have the autonomy to develop your knowledge and skills set along with the ability to progress your career with access to QCF level 5 in children & young people.
Responsibilities of Senior Support Worker:
• The ability to work as a key member of team.
• Provide high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people
• Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting them in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible.
• Ability to support new staff and encourage development through the team
• Maintain a high standard of policies, procedures and Safeguarding
Person Specification for Senior Support Worker:
• Previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour
• NVQ Level 3 Children's and Young Peoples Workforce
• Team Management
• 12 Months experience within a similar Role
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective organisational capability
• Full driving licence for a minimum of 3 years
• Great team player
• Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
• Strong can do attitude
• Minimum 23 years of age
• A competitive salary
• Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• A generous annual leave entitlement
• Private health scheme
• Online benefits and cashback rewards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Just Drive scheme
• SMART Childcare Vouchers
• SMART Pension option
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Lisa Clyne on , alternatively email