Support Workers - Mental Health
We have several vacancies for dedicated Support Workers and/or Care Assistants with experience of working in a mental health or medium / low secure setting to join our local Cardiff branch working in Newport and the local area.The Role:
We are especially interested to hear from carers with PMVA training (prevention management of violence and aggression).
Our person-centred service is designed to enrich the quality of life of service users, helping them to socialise with family, friends and visitors. That is why we are recruiting only the most compassionate and empathetic individuals.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that can be tailored to fit around your family or other job commitments.Newcross Benefits:
- Salary of up to GBP13.26/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a mental health environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
- PMVA training (desirable)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company & Branch:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years' experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.
Our Cardiff branch is based at Park Place, just down the road from the university and just a short walk from Cardiff Queen Street station. Our 2nd branch covering South Wales, our healthcare team in Cardiff is able to deliver the Newcross standard of care to clients in locations from Newport to Bridgend.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.