Assistant Events Manager
A well established and respected events venue who deliver a first-class service engaging in a range of events, predominantly weddings. They are looking for an Assistant Events Manager who has a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional service to clients on their special day! This is a full time, permanent role.
Company: who will I be working for?
A fabulous opportunity to join an incredibly busy but friendly, supportive and hard-working company will allow you to utilise your previous hospitality experience!
Key Accountabilities for the Assistant Events Manager:
- Working closely with the Event Manager, managing weddings and other functions at one of Warwickshire's finest venues
- Support in delivering the event on time, within budget, that meet and exceed expectations
- Liaison with all parties day-to-day
- Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
- Support in coordinating venue management, caterers, contractors and equipment hire
- Producing detailed proposals (e.g. Timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets) within a proposed budget outline
- Carrying out consumer research/market intelligence
- Post-event evaluation and debriefs
Key Competencies for the Assistant Events Manager?
- Ideally previous experience within the event/hospitality industry
- Restaurant/hotel banqueting or catering experience
- Strong administrative skills from working within an office environment
- Passion for the events and catering industry
- Able to deliver 5* customer service at all times
- Experience of co-ordinating staff, suppliers and external contractors
- Excellent attention to detail and takes pride in work
- Good MS Office skills
- Highly organised and excellent communication skills
How will I feel working here?
Empowered! The Assistant Event Manager role is very rewarding. You will be working in a fast-paced environment but will have the luxury to see your hard work pay off at the end of every event. It is a lovely environment with great job satisfaction. You will also be very busy all of the time!! You will be joining an established, friendly, fun team who all love what they do.
What's in it for me?
The salary is circa GBP18,000, free parking, holidays working 40 hours a week with the flexibility needed to work weekends with events taking place, especially over the summer periods, but you will always have two days off per week.