Do you have experience of working in a Production Operator role?
Are you able to work in a fast paced, team orientated environment?
If so, you could be perfect for this role. We are currently looking to recruit a Production Operator for one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers. Our client is establishing a brand new, state of the art facility in the Telford area, specialising in high pressure die-casting that will design and build medium to large aluminium automotive components.
A core member of the production team, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of castings on site, whilst ensuring a safe working environment is maintained, and customer satisfaction being the ultimate goal in terms of meeting high quality standards.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Guaranteeing a safe work environment
- Ensuring all production processes conform to current quality
- Manufacturing parts in time to satisfy the customer demand
- Striving to improve production processes
- To be part of a team carrying out root-cause analysis of non-conforming production and to implement corrective actions
- Quality checking the parts produced
- Record hourly performance and key characteristics of parts produced
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Good problem solving skills
- A team player
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
- Target driven
- The ability to work collaboratively to achieve company goals
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft office skills including Excel and Word
- Proven Production experience
- An understanding of KPI's and performance tracking
- Good organisation skills
- Have used 5S to improve the production process
Experience within the castings sector would be desirable although is not essential. This is also true of holding a valid Fork lift truck license or experience of using overhead cranes.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do not hesitate. Apply using the link below and if we feel you match the role, a member of our excellent recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application.
Click here to apply