Operations Assistant - Rural in North Herefordshire - Kington/Leominster area
Operations Assistant providing excellent administrative support to a Pallet Track operation.
The role is 40 hours per week to cover the operational period of either a 6am start or/and 10am start, finishing at either 3pm or/and 7pm* on alternate weekly shifts, your flexibility will determine your success and the success of the operation.
Main responsibilities include
- Full use of the Pallet Track Web system and software programmes
- Route and return of delivery vehicles in an efficient manner without compromising the legality of the vehicles
- Plan loads to the main operational hub
- Daily interaction with the customer base ensuring all freight is collected, entered into the network & delivered on time
- Fully investigating customer issues and responding to these in a timely professional manner
- Invoice customers in a timely manner and return their signed Proof of Delivery notes
- Correct administration of customer orders and other paperwork
- Undertake warehouse functions of stock selection for specific customer requirements
- Any other duties required and directed by management
- Provide spot pricing for customer enquiries
- Undertake local deliveries using our 3 ?? tonne delivery vehicle
- Knowledge of logistics or distribution is essential
- You will demonstrate strong administration skills
- Using Vigo software you will be required to scan all consignments received and dispatched from the depot updating the Pallet Track web system as to the location of the goods
- Inputting jobs onto the System from the customer base to ensure their freight is accepted into the network
- Routing delivery vehicles in an efficient cost effective manner
- A strong local geographical knowledge is essential for this role
Please send your CV in the first instance to Mark Jones, Senior Recruitment Consultant with the contact number available to discuss this permanent job role, out of hours on .
The location is easily reachable from either Kington, Leominster or Hereford but also locations such as Tenbury Wells, areas of Powys that include Presteigne and Knighton.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.