Tool Maker - Staffordshire to GBP30k
You have the ability to join a leading Automotive Components Manufacturer based in Staffordshire as a Tool Maker.
Setup, adjust, and operate a variety of tool room equipment to manufacture, repair or modify tooling. Troubleshoot tooling with production operators and perform preventative maintenance.
- Accredited tool maker apprenticeship or four to six years of diversified machine and tool making experience.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Experience with metal stamping and/or cold forming tooling
- Experience operating and programming CNC equipment
- Experience with TIG and MIG welding
- Use precision measuring instruments, gauges or devices to verifying tooling, components, machine and production parts
- Perform various PM work to tooling as required
- Perform fabrication work
- Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, mills, grinders and CNC equipment to machine parts to specifications.
- Program CNC equipment to control path machining of tooling and machine parts. This is to include selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates and making adjustments for tool wear, material and machine wear.