Manufacturing Engineer - Birmingham
Manufacturing Engineer (contract) - Birmingham
We require a Manufacturing Engineer for an initial 12 month contract based in Hall Green Birmingham for a world renowned Aerospace company to support the Supply chain products and New Product Introduction.
In this challenging role the Manufacturing Engineer will work within the Manufacturing Engineering department supporting the Operations Team and Supply Chain on the Wet Plating Processes, Heat treatment processes and New Product Introduction (NPI), during the movement of some processes from one site to another.
The Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using Technical drawings and Specification documentation to interoperate and establish the manufacturing processes and routes for legacy and NPI products.
- Maintain the delivery dates to the customers.
- Using CI, Six Sigma and PFEMA techniques
- Design jigs/fixtures
- Carryout document updates with the use Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Assist with the purchase of new equipment and the introduction of them into production.
- Liaise between Engineering on technical aspects of product design and the processes.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Nadcap understanding would be an advantage.
- Some Wet chemical and Heat treatment experience and knowledge.
- Computer literate, being able to produce spread sheets, reports and graphs and SPC statistics and chemical analysis.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant science subject, preferably chemistry or metallurgy.
- CI, Six Sigma and PFEMA techniques
Rate: GBP30.00 to GBP35.00 per hour dependent upon experience
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on