Support Workers - Learning Disabilities
We are looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Support Workers who can offer commitment to delivering high quality care to our clients in the Ross-on-Wye area.The Position:
You will need to have experience supporting clients with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities or autism. It's essential you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence.
You will be working on either a 1-1 basis or within a small team of Support Workers based in a residential home.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care and epilepsy training.Newcross Benefits:
- Salary up to GBP14.21/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform and training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost frefunded after initial joining period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A full driving licence and access to a car is desirable
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years' experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.The Local Branch:
Opened in 2015, Nursing agency Newcross Healthcare Hereford is situated in Kemble House on Broad Street in the city centre.
Our Hereford team is continuing to grow and we're providing registered nurses and healthcare assistants to nursing home, care home and residential home clients throughout Herefordshire.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.