Transport Controller - Rotational Shifts
Transport Controller - 3 Rotational Shifts
EXCELLENT TRANSPORT OPPORTUNITIES - IMMEDIATE START
For this role YOU will ideally be based within a 30 minute commute of Hams Hall
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Days GBP10.87 Lates GBP12.24 Nights GBP 13.59 plus 26 Days Holiday pro rata per annum + Bank Holidays
Rapier Employment are currently seeking at Transport Controller for our client in Hams Hall.
Your duties will be to ensure drivers are legally compliant, carrying out briefs and de-briefs while ensuring all tasks with regard to the Transport Management System are completed daily within an area of responsibility.
Ability to interact with fast moving transport environment with face to face contact with range of people, communicate with drivers regarding rotas, routes and any issues arising, providing paperwork as required.
Communicate with vendors regarding collections and customer queries and delivery points regarding bookings.
You will be interacting with customers and suppliers by telephone and email and will be accountable for delivering a high quality, customer focused service, achieving site and department KPI's.
Site Transport reporting, including the reporting of driver infringements.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
- Rotating Days/backs/Nights 0600-1400, 1400-2200 and 2200-0600
- Flexible approach to working and able to work overtime and start times across the day shift to early evening
- Previous experience of working within a Transport environment
- Full understanding of Road Transport Directive Legislation
- You will receive full training
- Pre-Employments checks, CRB Check required (Criminal Record Bureau) Drug and Alcohol Check
IDEALLY YOU WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Strong communication skills both by telephone and personal contact
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Working within a supply chain environment desirable
- Working as part of a team
WHY RAPIER? BECAUSE WE DELIVER!
ABOUT RAPIER EMPLOYMENT:
Rapier offers over 28 years of excellence in providing dedicated workers to leading third party clients. We are committed to sourcing, supplying and placing both temporary and permanent workers into a full range of commercial, production and logistics positions.
We are recruiters for many leading logistics firms in the UK. We are constantly on the look-out for drivers, warehouse and office based staff to fill both temporary and permanent positions.
As an equal opportunities employer, we place great importance on treating all employees fairly. As part of a generous employee package we offer many training and development opportunities, excellent rates of pay (including pension and holiday pay) and a benefits package that includes medical plan, life and disability cover.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Rapier Employment, who are a recruitment business.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER: