SEN Teacher / Tutor
Engage SEN are pleased to be working in sole partnership with an alternative Education provider
Our client is dedicated to delivering crisis intervention to children who are unable to attend an Education facility
They currently require a Teacher or Tutor IMMEDIATELY
The role will be focused on building a strong, enthusiastic, engaging, vibrant environment for 7 -16 year old students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties within a crisis intervention setting.
The role is going to be ideally suited to someone who has a strong team building ethos, someone who is looking to give every student the best chance to gain an education and someone who is looking for a challenge!!
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to engage and support children to achieve success in their journey within the intervention center
- Strong ability and skills to keep students involved and "on track"
- Is an inspirational teacher/tutor with high expectations, who fosters a love of learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve to their full potential
- The ability to partake in PE and run sessions out doors often
- Previous experience working with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties
- Team Teach experience (although this will be provided via on job training)
- An outstanding track record being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual
- Hold a current enhanced DBS on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
- 2 recent references that can be verified
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Special Needs Education providers.
This position will offer you the opportunity to grow and learn on the job too.
It is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of their pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) - Permanent salary offered would be GBP21,500 - GBP28,500
Qualified Tutors (PTTLS, DTTLS, CTTLS, QTLS, CertED) -
Permanent salary offered would be GBP19,000
Unqualified Tutors (no teaching qualification but has relevant experience - Permanent salary offered would be GBP16,500 - 19,000
- Emotional Behavioural Disorders knowledge
- Excellent team building skills