MIG Welder Fabricator
Proactive Personnel are proud to be recruiting on behalf of our client, a sheet metals fabrications workshop in the Staffordshire area. Due to recent additional contracts, our client is now looking for experienced MIG Welder Fabricators to join their existing team. You will be responsible for producing items of safety critical components from mild/stainless steel sheet, plate and tubular metals using MIG welding equipment to product schedules.
The Role As an experienced Welder you will be required to perform the following duties to the highest of standards:
- Production manual and mechanised welding of pressure equipment and component housings
- Read and interpret welding fabrication drawings and symbols,
- Understanding welding procedure specifications
- Visual inspection of welds to published standards
- Carrying out Non Destructive Tests on finished welds.
- Maintaining and monitoring welding ancillary equipment on a daily basis.
The Candidate Our client will hope for the following skills from a successful applicant:
- Minimum of 2+ years welding experience
- Experienced MIG Welding on Mild Steels in fillet and butt joints.
- Previously worked with 0.6mm - 15mm plate.
- Experience with welding pressure vessels or leak tested containers
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to work with others, with a "can-do" attitude
- Be prepared to undertake welding tests regularly to maintain EN standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an established company. If you believe you have the suitable skills and qualifications, please contact Josh Lloyd-Jones at Proactive Personnel Ltd - Cannock - Alternatively, please apply here