Site Services Engineer
An experienced Facilities Engineer is required on a three shift basis in Telford for a manufacturing organisation specialising in carpeting prime residences, iconic buildings of national and historic interest as well as many of the worlds leading luxury hotels, cruise ships, gaming and leisure venues.
Reporting to the Site Service Coordinator, the Facilities Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all site plant and equipment. Realise Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Assist in the achievement of specific cost, productivity, quality, performance and health and safety targets.
- As part of a business unit, achieve (and better) set machinery performance targets.
- Ensure that continuous improvement, action focus and team working become integrated into the work culture.
- As a key member of the engineering function, develop, engineering skills.
- Resource planning.
- Controlling material requirements.
- Ensure that continuous improvement, action focus and teamworking become integrated into the work culture.
- Participate in performance reviews.
- Ensure that shift cover is achieved by liaising with the engineering Team Leaders in line with production / engineering requirements taking into account situations such as; Absenteeism Holidays Training
- Any other duties directed by your line manager/s and commensurate with grading
- Good basic education e.g. numerate and literate, GCSE or Equivalent qualification.
- Recognised appropriate trade status.
- Qualifications in Mechanical engineering to City & guilds or NVQ level 3.
- Wet process equipment
- Site Services.
- Electrical skills such as: Panel wiring, installation, machinery fault finding etc.
- Boiler house skills such as: plumbing skills, Welding, bench fitting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting etc.
- Confident team player, able to develop and motivate teams.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and to organise and prioritise a demanding workload.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of operating and maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Dual fuelled boilers gas/oil
- Gas heaters
- Wet process equipment
- Water softening plant
- Effluent discharge
- Fire protection systems
Facilities Engineer - three shifts
Excellent salary + shift allowance + benefits
33 days holiday per year
4 week trial period