We are looking for a Data & MI Test Engineer to undertake test analysis, test design and test execution of the data warehouse and the MI reporting software systems associated with the delivery of quality IT solutions.
Using test design techniques within ETL and database testing write test scripts to deconstruct complex functional requirements and technical specifications into detailed test conditions. Design & execute manual and automated test cases to identify defects and provide quality assurance of system changes prior to release into production.Support the mentoring of trainee test analysts and provide support to UAT analysts during the User Acceptance Test phase.
- A proven testing background with a solid understanding and experience of the Software Development Lifecycle, testing methodologies and techniques.
- Experienced with industry standard software development lifecycles inc. Agile development methodologies
- Extensive SQL experience with advanced SQL scripting for Test Preparation
- Proven Experience in software testing of database, Data Quality, ETL and Reports/Extracts
- Proven experience in understanding of DW architecture, the data modelling and the reporting platform
- Exposure/Experience of using automation tools for data quality, reconciliations, performance and the ETL Testing
- Advanced SQL scripting (joins, unions, minus, correlated sub queries and DML operations etc.)
- Experience of testing ETL solutions (Validation, Derivation and Transformation) and reports/Extracts
- Understanding of DW/BI architecture and worked with BI Projects
- Certified knowledge of the software testing process through ISTQB qualification is desirable.
Other essential information:
- Certified or training knowledge of Data warehousing or Business Intelligence or any analytics platform
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Good team player who is capable of working on their own initiative and worked on matrix management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think logically and create test cases and scripts which thoroughly test all aspects of system changes ensuring quality solutions.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales.
What we offer:
- GBP33,495 - GBP50,242
- 23 days annual leave
- Annual Bonus