Supernumerary Unit Lead Nurse - RMN or RNLD - Walsall
Struggling to find a nursing role which offers a great work-life balance while still allowing you to use all your nursing expertise? Let us help.
Selection Recruitment are currently looking for a Unit Lead Nurse - RMN or RNLD - to help lead an elderly nursing unit near Walsall, West Midlands, specialising in care for those with dementia and behaviour which challenges.
The benefits of this unit lead nurse RMN / RNLD position include:
- Monday to Friday with infrequent weekend and on-call work
- Pay rate of GBP16.50 per hour
- 36 hours per week
- Entirely supernumerary role
- Paid breaks
- Long or short shifts available
- Company pension scheme
- Free parking on site
- Located on several major bus routes
- Easily commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Great Wyrley, Stafford, Cannock and Lichfield
- Discounted catering facilities on site
- Uniform provided
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement per year
- NMC PIN revalidation paid for
- Nurse development days paid for to help toward revalidation
This elderly nursing unit near Walsall, West Midlands caters for 47 service users aged 55 and upwards who may suffer with dementia or Alzheimer's, as well as mental health conditions of varying acuity including dual diagnosis.
This unit forms part of our client's purpose-built site near Walsall, West Midlands which specialises in providing an exceptional standard of person-centred care for older people.
The supernumerary Unit Lead Nurse, along with another Unit Lead Nurse, a Unit Manager and the Registered Manager, support a large team of staff nurses and fully trained Healthcare Assistants. This particular role will also benefit from the support of a supernumerary clinical lead at all time.
This is a superb opportunity for a clinical lead nurse or unit manager RMN / RNLD to join an established company near Walsall, West Midlands with a proven track record of training and developing its clinical staff.
Regrettably due to the nature of this service Selection Recruitment are unable to accept applications from newly qualified nurses for this position, however we do have other roles available in the West Midlands for newly qualified nurses.
The successful applicant for this unit lead nurse RMN / RNLD role will:
- Be a Registered Mental Nurse (RMN) or Registered Nurse for Learning Disabilities (RNLD) with experience in a comparable environment
- Have a current, valid registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Be familiar with relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties (DOLs)
- Have a minimum of one year's experience working with service users with challenging behaviour
- Be able to provide two satisfactory references