Money Laundering Reporting Officer
We are recruiting a Money Laundering Reporting Officer for our client a retail bank based in the East Midlands.
As the Money Laundering Reporting Officer, you should have (SMF)17 or aspiring to have this.
This is a brand-new role and you will be joining a small but experienced team within Risk and Compliance.
The MLRO has the overall responsibility for oversight within the Bank for the establishment and maintenance of effective financial crime systems and controls including money laundering.
The MLRO is also responsible for acting as the focal point for all activity within the Bank relating to anti-money laundering.
Overall responsibility for the firms policies and procedures for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime
- Oversight and regular review of Anti Bribery and Corruption processes (2017 onwards)
- Oversight and regular review of Fraud processes (2017 onwards)
- Maintain the Regulatory DataCorp (RDC) database, by uplifting new customer numbers to this daily.
- Request Enhanced due diligence reports from RDC when necessary
- Responsible for overseeing AML controls within the Bank.
- Review Policies relevant Gap Analysis in connection with AML on an annual basis
- Receive all internal suspicious activity reports for the Bank.
- Refer all suspicious activity reports to Head of Compliance or Finance Director so action to be taken is agreed.
- Investigate any enquiries from law enforcement, HMRC in connection with any of their clients.
- Make any reports to National Crime Agency when appropriate.
- Make annual reports on Money Laundering to Senior Management, as noted in the FCA Regulations.
- Obtain and use governmental and FATF findings
This is a great opportunity to work within an exclusive, reputable bank who offer excellent career opportunities and benefits. To discuss your experience in more detail please send your CV and contact Esther at Satarah Recruitment Ltd