Electrical Engineer (Approved) Bromsgrove GBPNeg++
A National Environmental Service Company.
The postholder will be required to carry out a wide range of electrical duties ranging from service and response & breakdown works through to new build installations which will be mostly in the commercial & industrial sectors with a more specific focus into hazardous areas which will also result in working & staying away as required.
HOURS OF WORK:
The postholder is contracted to work 42.5 hours per week between Monday to Friday. Normal hours of work are 8.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with a daily start time between 4am and 7am, and a finish time of between 2pm and 6pm with an hour for meal break.
The postholder will be required to satisfy overtime and call out requirements often with little or notice and on occasion stay away from home overnight in the pursuance of Company business.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work at various locations throughout the UK undertaking new electrical installation works.
- Carry out a selection of minor civil/construction duties such as clearing cable routes, making holes in walls to enable you to carry out your electrical installation works.
- Testing of newly installed circuits/cabling and recording of results.
- Completion on test certification efficiently and submit for approval from the qualifying manager.
- Assist other Engineers as and when required.
- Responsibility for ensuring all equipment checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- Ensure all uplifting and offloading of materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company equipment.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The postholder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation.
- The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional staff.
- Liaison with Line manager / office staff regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
In addition to a probationary review period and annual appraisal, the post holder will be continually monitored to ensure performance is as expected and required. Supervision may choose to discuss performance at any time to assist the development of the postholder.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess current legal Driving licence.
- Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation.
- Willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
- C&G 2330 or equivalent + NVQ3 + Test & Inspection.
The post holder will be expected to undertake all duties in a professional manner, representing the Company well and to the best of ability. In addition, the postholder is expected to continually develop in the role and work towards obtaining the relevant qualifications to achieve Compex Electrical Engineer (approved).
The post holder will be expected to undertake any task assigned by supervision for which they are suitably qualified, experienced or trained.
The post holder will be required to demonstrate dedication and commitment to the Company by undertaking any task to assist the Division and the Company in achieving success, even if tasks are not identified in this job description, but for which the post holder is capable of undertaking.